Full-time (part-time applications also considered)
Part-remote working - at least three days per week in office near Bath
Start date March 2023
The Agile Story
We’re Agile, an award winning marketing, events and branding agency in the publishing and wider cultural sector. We are committed to bringing stories to life, with a niche for running literary and arts-based campaigns and prizes. For a small team, we make a big impact in the industry, and are adding new projects to our rostrum all the time.
We currently run or project manage The An Post Irish Book Awards, The Nielsen Bestsellers in association with Coutts, The Sunday Sports Book Awards, The James Cropper Wainwright Prize, The Yoto Carnegies, and are retained by many more prizes and campaigns from across the cultural sector.
Founded in 2004, we have recently broadened our proposition at home and abroad, and with the team expanding all the time, we are looking for someone to take ownership of the operational side of our growing agency!
The all-important role:
The Office Coordinator will be responsible for the smooth running of our growing agency, working closely with the MD to manage and evolve our operations and HR departments! The successful candidate will need to have great attention to detail, be flexible with a can do attitude and a willingness to learn!
This will be the first time Agile have hired an Office Coordinator, so there will be an opportunity to make a real impact in an exciting creative agency! One of the first tasks will be to support the Directors in kitting out the new office, as Agile, now a team of 10, are moving premises in the New Year!
What you'll be doing:
- Be responsible for the creation & implementation of operational processes
- Handle the purchase of office supplies and IT equipment, and set up where required (e.g. general office IT – laptops, phones etc.
- Management of a variety of company projects
- Create and manage the company’s HR proposition and shared folder systems
- Manage the operational side of Agile's annual review process
- Manage posting of books and magazines to subscribers of our literary magazine.
- Support team in managing company social media channels
- Manage the on-boarding process for new Agile staff
- Creating and/or editing documentation such as job specifications and company policies
- Office Management
- Organise business travel as required
- Create, issue and file contracts
- Records management (electronic and paper) to the standards required to pass an external audit
- General office administration duties
- Arrange company events and meetups
- Act as the first point of contact for all Agile's external suppliers
- Credit control duties that include account management and payment chasing
- Take ownership of the company’s health and safety process
What we can offer you:
- Competitive basic salary
- Early-finish Fridays!
- 21 days leave, with an extra day off for your birthday
- Flexible working hours (e.g. Designer works 10.30-6.30 & Project Director works 7-3.30 to fit around their schedules)
- We also own a literary magazine, and if you so choose, you can pen reviews of your latest and greatest reads
- Alongside the social perks of the job, we are incredibly serious about our staff’s professional development, and provide opportunities for online and in-person development courses.
- Stunning grounds around office, including access to on-site outdoor swimming club.
- FREE BOOKS!
What you need:
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- Previous experience in an operational role
- Experience working in a small business environment
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- High level of pro-activeness & lateral thinking - you can take ownership of a task and think for yourself
- Strong communicator, with clear written and oral communication skills
- Great organisational skills - you can self-manage
- You're sociable with a good sense of humour
- Good knowledge of social media
- The ability to be persistent and persuasive with colleagues at all levels within the business
- You're happy to work in a fast-paced environment where you must be flexible and adapt quickly to change
Beneficial (Please let us know when you apply if you have any of the below!)
- Previous experience within a creative agency or a business operating in the arts or cultural sectors
- Experience using Monday.com task management tool
- Formal HR Qualifications
- Previous event management experience
- Any creative experience or qualifications using Creative Cloud, WordPress or Squarespace
Start date March 2023 - some flexibility to allow for notice periods, but ideally, you should be available to begin the role by the end of March
Please visit the below links for more information about the company: