Competitive basic salary and excellent commission structure
Remote working - but must live within easy access of London for regular meetings
October start date
The Agile Story
We’re Agile, a market-leading events business in the arts and cultural sector! We are committed to bringing stories to life, with a niche for running literary campaigns and prizes. For a small team, we make a big impact in the industry, and are adding new projects to our rostrum all the time.
We currently run or manage The An Post Irish Book Awards, The Nielsen Bestsellers in association with Coutts, The Telegraph Sports Book Awards, The Wainwright Prize & The Edward Stanford Travel Writing Awards, and are retained by many more prizes and campaigns from across the cultural sector.
Founded in 2004, we have recently broadened our proposition at home and abroad, and with more projects on the go than ever before, we are looking for a senior hire to drive us on to achieve new growth, as well as ensuring all our existing projects achieve commercial success!
The all-important role:
The Sponsorship Sales Manager will help us deliver revenue on our events by seeking out and securing sponsorship deals for Agile-owned events, as well as our broader product portfolio. Despite having employees in London & Dublin, our team office near Bath – the successful candidate will ideally be based in the London area, as although this role will be remote-based, it will include regular trips into the centre of London to meet prospective sponsors, as well as for weekly catch ups with Agile Directors.
This will be a pivotal role within the team - securing a full rostrum of sponsors and partners is not only essential to the commercial success of our existing campaigns, but also provides the green light for us to launch more great events. The successful candidate will work closely with our Directors, event partners, and the various prize Boards that we oversee, to immerse themselves in each property, developing an appreciation of the USP and differing appeal and audience of each event. Although sponsorship sales will be central to the role, we hope the successful applicant will support our business strategy and development, identifying growth opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching, building and managing a strong pipeline of sponsorship opportunities.
- Contacting prospective sponsors and their brand agencies on a daily basis to build relationships that result in sponsorship sales.
- Initial contact will likely be via a call, with follow up F2F meetings ahead of attending a pitch meeting with Agile Directors to secure the investment.
- An ability to unearth decision makers at prospective targets will be an essential skill.
- Creating and managing a database of contacts and targets across all key stakeholder groups, including agencies, corporates, brands, foundations, publishing groups and association bodies.
- Analysing the market to identify target sectors, spotting market trends, and uncovering opportunities for perfectly-aligned sponsorships.
- Managing our existing sponsor relationships, often at c-suite level, as well as working closely with sponsor teams on their activation strategy.
- Networking at all Agile’s events, as well as other influential events and award ceremonies in the arts & cultural sector.
- Seeking out advertising sales for Agile event brochures and our quarterly literary magazine.
- Ad-hoc management of Agile team members, helping to develop their commercial instincts and sales expertise.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent commission structure, with the realistic opportunity to double your basic in first year at Agile.
- The chance to work for the agency attached to The European Sponsorship of the Year 2020, the first-time an arts-based sponsorship has won the overall award!
- As a growing business, we are always finding ourselves in new, exciting environments. In the last 12-months, we’ve dined with sporting superstars, interviewed a bestselling author in Delhi, executive-produced a prime-time TV show, and orchestrated a special audition with Simon Cowell on BGT…
- Back-stage access at Star-studded award ceremonies in London, Dublin etc.
- We also own a literary magazine, and if you so choose, you can pen reviews of your latest and greatest reads.
- If appropriate, we can arrange access to exclusive media-based London societies and clubs.
- Alongside the social perks of the job, we are incredibly serious about our staff’s professional development, and provide opportunities for online and in-person development courses.
- Although not based near Bath office, there will be regular catch up days in our office, when you can check out our stunning grounds, including an on-site Café & Restaurant, as well as access to on-site outdoor swimming club!
- There is really no shortage of opportunities here for the right person – if you’re willing to pull up your sleeves, get involved and work hard to grow the business.
- We give you your Birthday!
- International travel
- Company laptop
- Lastly, but perhaps most importantly…FREE BOOKS!